This is fabulous skillet late summer brunch, lunch or dinner!
Cara provides this tip. “To make your own oat flour, clean out your coffee grinder and grind what you need. Alternatively, you could grind a larger batch in a food processor.”
- 2 medium zucchini/summer squash, grated and squeezed dry
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 scallions, thinly slices
- ¼ cups basil, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup oat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes or a squirt of hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp canola or other neutral oil
In a medium bowl, combine squash, scallions, basil, egg, flour and baking powder, season with salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium heat. Spoon 3-4 heaping ¼-cup mounds of batter into skillet, press lightly to flatten. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with yogurt sauce.
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
In a small bowl combine all ingredients, season with salt and pepper.
Total Time: 25 mins
Recipe created and photographed by Cara Tegler, Recipe Developer, Culinary Educator and Food Blogger.