YES! WE PLEDGE TO SUPPORT FOOD DAY CANADA AND SHINE A LIGHT ON CANADIAN FOOD AND FARMING ON JULY 31,2021!
How to participate?
1. Promote Food Day Canada and ways for people to shop, cook and dine like a Canadian.
Promote Canadian ingredients and foods to celebrate with. Encourage everyone to cook for themselves or support a local restaurant or event. Reach out to your colleagues, customers and suppliers and invite them to join in too.
2. Help Shine a Light on Canadian Cuisine
- Do you have a building or structure that could be lit up red or white or both? Think creatively! We’ve had airplanes, large buildings, statues and Niagara Falls lit up in the past. Share your plans with us.
- If there’s an icon being lit up near you, take a road trip and take a pic with it.
- On July 31, 2021 at 9:00 p.m. shine a light to show your support. Encourage your team and social circles to get involved. Through windows, on balconies, front porches or fields, wherever you are, turn on your flashlight on your phone or other lights. This will create a wave of lights across timezones.
3. Share your stories and pictures with #FoodDayCanada
Tell us about your food story and why you’re shining your light for Canadian food and farming and the great people who make it happen. Use #FoodDayCanada to enter to win a Canadian food basket and have your stories shared on social media and the Food Day Canada website with millions of others.