This vinaigrette using Saskatoon berries is great on greens, veggies, and fruit alike!
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Saskatoon berries
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) borage honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
Place berries, vinegar and honey in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 4 minutes to soften berries.
Puree with canola oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Do not crush up all berries, leave some whole for texture. Cool and enjoy. Blueberries can be substituted for Saskatoon berries.
Yield: 1 cup (250 mL).
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.