- 1¼ cups (310 mL) orzo pasta
- 6 Tbsp (90 mL) olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup (175 mL) dry red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup (125 mL) olives, pitted and chopped
- 1½ cups (375 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Transfer pasta into a large bowl and mix in 1 tbsp olive oil. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
Place lentils into a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cover, and simmer over low heat until lentils are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
Combine the remaining olive oil, vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl.
Remove pasta from refrigerator; add lentils, oil mixture, olives, feta cheese, red onion and dill. Stir until thoroughly blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Per Serving (125g)
- Calories 328
- Protein 13g
- Carbohydrates 24g
- Fibre 5g
- Sugars 2.2g
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Potassium 275mg
- Sodium 542mg
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 3%
- Calcium 18%
- Folate 8%
- Iron 65%
- Zinc 8%
Makes 3-4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Canadian Lentils.