- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large apples, cut and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL)green lentils, cooked or canned
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) curry powder (mild)
- ½ cup (125 mL) water or vegetable stock
- 4 oz (100 g) can coconut milk
- 1 lime
- unrefined sea salt to taste
Rinse lentils under running water (if canned). In a pot, heat the onion, garlic and celery in cooking oil at medium temperature for about 15 minutes. Add the apples and heat for another 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir in curry powder and 2/3 cup of water or stock and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Add more curry if desired.
Add rinsed lentils and remaining liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Makes 5-6 servings.
Recipe Courtesy of Canadian Lentils.