The unique texture and mild flavour of couscous lends a light-yet-satisfying quality to this salad, making it equally suitable as a main course or a hearty side dish. Great for picnics and potlucks.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian couscous
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) BC Hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Canadian canola or sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Artisan Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Emmental, cut into cubes
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
Notes: Cheese alternatives – Canadian Swiss cheese, Medium Cheddar, Gouda.
You can substitute any in-season stone fruit for the peach.
Recipe adapted from Dairy Goodness. Photograph courtesy of www.dairygoodness.ca