- 8 oz (250 g) ground turkey
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped green onion (green and white parts)
- 1 medium jalapeno chili pepper, finely chopped (with seeds)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Bourbon or Canadian whiskey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) packed brown sugar substitute blend
Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook meatballs 6 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning frequently.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, bourbon and sugar substitute.
Pour hoisin mixture over meatballs in skillet and cook 15 seconds, stirring gently until well coated. Serve with wooden picks.
Yield: 6 servings. Serving size: 4 meatballs.
Cook’s note: For better control, use two utensils, such as a fork and a spoon, to turn the meatballs easily.
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.