• 4 cups (1 L) corkscrew pasta
• 1-19 fl. oz can (1- 540 mL can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 ½ cups (375 mL) celery, chopped
• 1 ½ cups (375 mL) carrot, coarsely shredded
• 1 ½ cups (375 mL) sweet red pepper, chopped
• 4 green onions, finely chopped
• ¼ cup (60 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
• ⅓ cup (75 mL) light Greek dressing
In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta till tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chickpeas, celery, carrot, red pepper, onion and feta. Toss lightly to mix well.
Add dressing to pasta mixture and toss to coat well. Serve. Pasta mixture can be made a day in advance. Keep in fridge overnight and toss salad with dressing before serving.
Makes 13 servings.