- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dried crumbled macaroon cookies
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground almonds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter or margarine
- 4 large peaches, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each: orange liqueur and rum
For topping: In a bowl, combine macaroons, almonds, ginger and melted butter; mix well.
Fruit: In a shallow foil pan, arrange peach slices and blueberries; sprinkle with sugar and topping.
Preheat grill on high. Place baking pan on grill rack. Close lid and cook (use Direct Grilling) for about 8 minutes or until fruit is warmed throughout. Heat liqueur and rum and ignite. Drizzle, flaming, over dessert.
Makes 6 servings
Variation: Nectarines, pears or apricots may also be used. Another variation is to substitute granola cereal for the macaroons and add 1/4 cup (60 mL) flaked coconut.
Recipe provided by Margaret Howard, author of All Fired UP! Published by Firefly Publishers.