A beautiful late summer barbecue dish!
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil or mint
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red pepper jelly, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 firm ripe peaches (unpeeled), sliced
- 4 pork loin chops (bone in) (1 1/2 lbs/625 g)
In bowl, mix basil, red pepper jelly, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
In separate bowl, toss peaches with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the jelly mixture. Add pork chops to remaining mixture, turning to coat; let stand for 20 minutes.
Place chops and peaches on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning halfway through, until peaches are browned, about 6 minutes. Remove peaches; keep warm. Cook chops until just a hint of pink remains inside, about 4 minutes longer.
Per serving: about 219 cal, 22 g pro, 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 20 g carb, 1 g fibre, 57 mg chol, 244 mg sodium. % RDI: 4% calcium, 6% iron, 2% vit A, 5% vit C, 3% folate.
Serves 4. Recipe provided by Canadian Living.